National Motor Museum Mint - Missing part

Update by user Aug 18

It has been one month since I emailed National Motor Museum about the missing headlight. They still have not responded!

Original review posted by user Jul 18

I have a Red 1956 Ford F-100 pickup truck and a Green 1948 Ford F-1 pickup which I received as a Christmas gift about 10 years ago. While cleaning their display case today, I noticed that the Green 1948 has been missing the right headlight all this time.

(The two trucks have been in that display case since I got them, so if it had fallen out, it would be inside the case.) I have attached both a photo and short video of the model.

I tried to get as close-up as possible without creating a blurry picture, so I hope you are able to see the missing right-side headlight.

Could you possibly provide me with a replacement headlight, along with instructions on how to install it? Thank you in advance for any help.

Product or Service Mentioned: F-100 Toy Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18.

National Motor Museum Mint - 1918 Ambulance

I recently received their 1918 Model T ambulance. Very nicely made model but unfortunately not very accurate.

I have a copy of the original blueprints front the Ford museum in Detroit. They don't match. It appears that they put the ambulance body from the 1917 on a 1918 T. Naturally there is no response from the company.

I am in the middle of building a full scale 1918 from the original blueprints and had hoped to have a sort of quick reference sanity check to look at but this isn't it. I'd like to know where they got their information to build their model.

So folks if you want a nice model of a WWI ambulance and don't care too much that it is exactly what it is represented as buy it. Otherwise no.

Product or Service Mentioned: 1918 T Toy Car.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 26, 2016.

National Motor Museum Mint - Order of 04/27/15 not received as of 06/05/15

On 04/27/15 I ordered some Die Cast Cars from this company and on 04/28/15 I received an Email stating that my order has been submitted to their fulfillment dept and that my bank would not be charged until the order is ready for shipment on 04/29/15 my bank acct was charged $96.49 However, I still have not received anything from them EXCEPT $10.00 was sent back to my account. I have sent them several emails and made several calls (all you get is a voice recording stating that they will call back within 24 hours) Still on 06/05/15 I haven't received any communications from them. I have been a regular customer for several years and this is how I get treated????

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 05, 2015.

National Motor Museum Mint - Non delivery

Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire

Do not under any circumstances buy from this company!

My order was never delivered. I phoned and they said they had never received the order, although I had a copy and the money had gone from my account. They advised e-mail - I received no reply.

I phoned again and I was told that the item I had ordered hadn't been sold for over a year. I was advised to wait for a reply.

I wrote and sent copies of the order - and received no reply.

Now I have to go through the problems of going to the Small Claims Court.

But I will go to *** and back over this!!!

• Die Cast Car
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 26, 2014.

National Motor Museum Mint - History of the chevy

Almost 2 years ago i got an offer for the collection of "HISTORY OF THE CHEVY". Every month i recieved my set of cars on time from the first shipment of 2 cars each month to the 11th shipment.

There are 12 shipments. For the past year, I have been calling Motor Mint and every representitive I spoke to, I keep getting the same answer, " THEY ARE ON BACK ORDER ". I then told them a collection is not a collection without the complete set. They said there's nothing we cannot do because they are sent from overseas.

I the askedthe Rep, I would like a full refund of my incomplete set and would like to send them back. They then told me I can get a refund for the FIRST 5 SETS ONLY.

I started getting very upset with the representitves each time i spoke to one. My last call to them was in Feb 2014, and I got the same answer, "THEY ARE ON BACK ORDER" and til today 3/16/2014 still nothing I cant get this matter settled at all.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 16, 2014.

National Motor Museum Mint - Can't contact

I keep getting cars that I did not order. I tried to contact them by phone...No answer.

Then I tried by E-mail. Can't even get through because they say my Zip Code is not right. Well it is. It's been the same for years.

How else do I contact them? Very angry.And now I see I have a certain amount of words I have to use before I can submit this.

I will never buy from them again. I will have them take me off all of their ways of communication if I ever get through to them.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 07, 2014.

National Motor Museum Mint - Recieved an item that I didn't order.

I did get in contact with a representative fairly quickly,but her professional attitude was lacking severly.She had to have been a new hire,it took her several minutes to find my name,her excuse was i had two accounts,,ok,two ways to find me???She asked what i needed,and i told her i wanted to return a 1922Ford p/u that I did not order,,along with a truck that i did order.After a few more minutes she said that i could return the p/u and i asked if the were going to pay for return postage,she said no,,so of course i told her i didn't order it.She informed me the company doesn't do that and that they only sell sets,not individuals,a shock to me.I have bought at least 7 individual trucks from them .Again she said i could return the one and they would only return cost of the 1922 Ford P/U.I was still gonna lose the $9.00 for shipping,I told her I would be returning both..Its the PRINCIPLE,,,I didn't order it. pissed

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 27, 2014.

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #782882

Same thing happened to me.

National Motor Museum Mint - Tried to contact Nat'l Motor Museum Mint via phone&e-mail, no response for phone call, keep getting response that wasit for a rep and then got a disconnect.

I called the 203-857-3800 three times and on each try got a disconnect, tried two different toll free numbers, one asked three questions and when I would respond to the third as no. I was disconnected, other toll free number after a quick responded that it was no longer in service.

Mdse received on Order#42672403 Acct. #203758442 12-13-13 was not what I expected and for that reason wish to return 1969 Dodge Superbee and 1969 Ford Mustang as both were ordered with a 100% satisfaction Guarantee.

I will expect a response from National Motor Museum Mint prior to paying invoice.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 23, 2013.

National Motor Museum Mint - 2 out of 3 cars shipped were missing and no invoice, and box busted open..

Kenna, West Virginia

The box I was suppose to receive three vehicles in was completely busted open and crushed. There was no invoice with the box, and the only car I did get is the one that is suppose to be free.

the 69 Camaro....I did not get to review the 69 SuperBee, or the 69 Mustang....I am very upset. If there are any questions about this package, you can call my POSTMASTER at 304-664-8043, I picked this package up completely destroyed, and missing two vehicles, and did not have no paper work what so ever with it...I think it would be best if you the Company would just cancel my membership with ordering this diecast vehicles from the National Motor Museum Mint......thank you.

• Die-cast Cars
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 16, 2013.

National Motor Museum Mint - Can't cancel account

Illinois City, Illinois

They also put me into another automatic delivery of classic trucks that I never approved, trying to cancel that one, too.Have called three times to cancel my account, and each time the phone rep confirms it's cancelled. Then, the next month, here comes more stuff. They also put me into another automatic delivery of classic trucks that I never approved, trying to cancel that one, too.Have called three times to cancel my account, and each time the phone rep confirms it's cancelled.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 24, 2013.

Comments

If you continue to have problems with Motor Mint Museum contact the Consumer Protection Office, normally in the State Attorney Generals Office. Let the company know you are going to do so and it may help you get results.