1.4K views

This company ( the National Motor Museum Mint) promotes die cast model replica cars for only $10 plus S&H on their television commercials, however,on the website, they do not indicate the S&H costs. I placed a "test" order ( used a test cc number, test name, address, etc) to ascertain the cost of shipping. I testordered 3 trucks ( www.48pickup.com) at a cost of $30.00. The invoice, only available after I put in a CC number, showed a costs of $109.97. for the three little toy trucks.

Not only that, I had to sit thru 14 pages of "offers" to see the invoice.

I feel this is dishonest, since the trucks are returnable, but not the shipping costs!

Had an Experience with National Motor Museum Mint?

Comments

Lake Arrowhead, California, United States #845959

Their website is showing (on July 25, 2014) shipping & handling for $6.95 per car.They also mention sales tax is charged on orders from Connecticut.

But I don't plan on buying any, and don't know if there are any hidden charges not shown. There's just too much scamming going on the US for me to trust sites like these. The sites selling any kind of "health" product, such as diet pills, etc.

are the worst.They sign you up for sending you monthly supplies without disclosing it or giving you a choice.

Akron, Ohio, United States #817933

it is nice to know I am not the only one to get screwed!!don't bother callig them!!no answeror hang up take phone off of hook

Just read each screen and don't click "YES" for follow on additions.

Click "NO" if you do not want more items, than what you have already agreed to. Take your time and read the offer on each screen,

before you make your selection.

Each new screen is another "Additional" offer.

I ordered two sets of the 1948 F1 and 1956 F100

and I clicked on "NO" for all the follow-on additional offer screens.

[2 x ($10 + $6.95 + $6.95 = $23.90)]

So my total order was $47.80 for 2 sets (instead of just one)

- - Just as it should have been.

I paid for my order in may 2011 and still have not recieved my truck.i want my truck or my money back........

If you live in Canada the company has pulled up stakes and moved back to the states and will not ship to Canada.

I have reached my limit of desired cars/trucks therefore I now wish to opt out of any further shipments as I am satisfied with what I have. Please cancel my membership as of this writing.

Thank You for your service and your products,

Warren Ashton,

Brandon, Fla.

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #96883

You have placed on my debit a charge for 105.00 for Richard Eisleben which I never authorized.Unless I hear from you I will report this as a fraud.

I have an order #202494865.

He does not have what you claim has been ordered.Please reply asap.